THE TOWN OF RAB - BENEDICTINE CONVENT OF ST. ANDREW

BENEDICTINE CONVENT OF ST. ANDREW WITH A CHURCH AND A BELL-TOWER were built from the 11th c. to the 13th c. The church was originally built as a small Romanesque three-nave basilica, and it gained today's form in the 15th c. The oldest bell-tower in Rab, dating from 1118, is situated by the church.

In the church interior there is a beautiful wooden Baroque altar from the 18th c. and a painting of Our Lady of Rab, dating from the beginning of the 16th c., therefore the church is also called the Church of Our Lady of Rab, Our Lady of Miracles.

Benedictine Convent of St. Andrew With a Church

THE ISLAND OF RAB: Position, History and Cultural-historical heritage The town of Rab: Position, History and Monumental heritage Kampor Supetarska Draga
Mundanije

Ineco, 1995./2005.