The rural unit of Sv. Vid consists of a smaller centre and its surroundings as a part of that settlement. The close centre of the town consists of several buildings situated near chapel of St. Vid, where marks of older stlye of construction determine the probable date of the settlement. The buildings are of a quadrangular ground plan, with a vaulted terrace covered with half-round tiles. The wider surroundings consist of one- and two-storey stone houses of a larger ground plan, mostly individual or located as isolated lines of older single-storey houses with vaulted terraces. In the wider area of the settlement there are rural economy buildings - olive mill and a blacksmith`s workshop, and a structure with a semicircular ground-plan, probably also having an economical purpose.
The relation of the centre towards the wider residential zone testifies about the development of the settlement in 16th-17th c, around the older sacral structure.
The further development is connected to the abandonment of village Miholjice – Semenje and the transfer of parochial church of St. Michael from Miholjice to Sv. Vid. The parochial church of St. Michael was built in 1890, and it was consecrated in 1895.
Situated along the main island road, the settlement represents an older and a younger type of island architecture and organization of rural spaces in the wider agricultural area of the castle of Omišalj between the 16th and the 20th century.
| Home | Historical Development | Archaeological Zones And Localities|
| Town Centres | Ethno-Zones And Ethno-Monuments | Significant Structures |
© Ineco, 1995./2006.