THE CULTURAL AND HISTORICAL INHERITANCE - AREA SURVEY
The cultural and historical inheritance research grade is very variant in the area of this county.
The coastal part of the county was researched continually during the whole 20th century, with the islands Rab, Krk, Cres and Losinj which are very known having valuable cultural and historical inheritance. However all this is not sufficient while the number of potentially valuable but not yet researched sites is great.
The area of Gorski Kotar is perhaps more modest in offering conserved cultural or historical inheritance. Exactly because of this insufficient research this area is injustly neglected causing that such sites were not even registered.
The investigation grade of historical or cultural inheritance and the grade or form of protection are determined on the basis of:
Certified urbanistic,architectural and conservation criteria can be used to divide all this inheritance as:
- decision to register of such monuments or their evidence in the governemental office for cultural or historical heritage protection,
- area docimentation where such inheritance is included,
- published literature.
Analysis of the actual state in this area made it possible to build an evidence of all registered monuments, evidented historical settlements and other similar premises and a great number of single objects and of archeological hydroarcheological sites in historical settlements and outside.
- urban premises,
- rural premises,
- examples of cultural landsscape,
- ethno zones, ethno monuments,
- archeological and hydro-archeological zones and sites,
- single bulidings (sacral, public and residential, fortified and memorial buildings etc).
© Ineco, 1995./2003.